Personal Information is any information that allows us (or others) to identify an individual person and may include (for example) your name, email address, IP address or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with or directly linked to such information.
An Internet Protocol address or ‘IP Address’ is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from one browser session to another; but if you use a consumer Internet service provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our web page flow and to determine the appropriate language settings for you based on your region if you did not previously indicate. You can find out more about the cookies that we use and the purposes for which we use them in the section below headed cookies.
Collection of Personal Information
The personal information we gather from you helps us learn about your visit to our website or use of our services. We use this information to provide customized services for you, better tailored to the features, performance and support of our products and services, to serve your requests, questions and concerns, and to offer you additional information opportunities.
We collect personal information that you submit to us voluntarily on this website through the following means:
- When you register in the website, we collect your username and email address before a password is generated for you which are also stored. We use these data to create your account and to provide personalized services.
- When you use the service, we collect your username or email address and IP address. This enables us to tailor the features and performance of our services to you.
- When you create a profile on this website by registering, we will collect on an optional basis other personal information about your hobbies and interest. You do not have to provide this additional information but if you do, we will use this information to improve personalized services on this site.
- When you purchase products or services on the website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction including personal information.
- When you subscribe to any of our services, you will receive promotional and personalized emails regarding our products, services and activities on this website.
- When you submit comments, questions and feedback using the forms provided on this site, your personal information will be collected to answer your request, questions and concerns.
- When you post messages on the message boards on this website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and made public so other users will be able to view it.
- When you contact us by sending an email, we will collect and store your email address and any information contained in the email you send to us and any information attached to the email for so long as is necessary. This information is used to answer message and address any question and concerns you may have.
Personal Information Collected via Tracking
Personal Information from other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources like mobile devices or from companies that provide our services by way of a co-branded or third-party website, and for some of our services this includes location based services applicable to for certain services we offer. If you choose to disable location based services, some features of this website will not work properly. We may add this information to the one we have already collected from you via our website in order to provide improved services.
Use of Information
In general, personal information you submit is used either to respond to request that you make or to aid us in offering improved services. We may also use your personal information to provide promotional emails and other information concerning our services should you consent to receive such communication from us. For more information about how to change preference and unsubscribe from our promotional, see the section “Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information”.
We may create anonymous information records from personal information excluding those that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance our services. We may disclose this anonymous information to third parties contracted by Afrocentric to provide marketing services designed to promote our products and services. Afrocentric reserves the right to use and disclose anonymous information to third parties at its discretion.
If you provide feedback on any of our products or services to us, we may use such feedback for any purpose, provided we will not associate with your personal information. Afrocentric will collect any information contained in such communication and will treat such in accordance with this policy.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not trade, rent, or share your personal information with third parties and we will not disclose financial information that is part of your personal information unless you ask us to do so.
We may share your personal information with third parties to provide you with products or services that we offer through this website. These third parties are obligated not to use your personal information other than to provide service requested by Afrocentric and are bound by confidentiality agreements with regards to their use of such information. You expressly consent to the sharing of your personal information with our contractors and third party service providers for the sole purpose of offering more services to you.
Kindly note that we don’t store any financial information whether related to your personal information or not, but may passed same to third parties to help us complete the services we provide on this website.
We may enter into promotional agreements with third parties pursuant to which we may share your personal information with such third parties. A partner company may have access to personal information that we collect from you. As a result, if you register on this website through a partner company, we may share your personal information with such partner. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third parties.
If another company acquires our company and our assets, the acquiring company will possess the personal information collected by and it assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this policy.
Regardless of any choices you make with respect to your personal information, we may disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Afrocentric.
- To protect and defend the rights or properties of Afrocentric or users of our services.
We may also collect and store information via cookies that help us better manage content on this website by informing which content is effective. Cookies does a lot of different jobs on this website such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, letting us analyze how well this website is performing and improving your experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies: we use a number of cookies which are essential to the operation of this site. These types of cookies enable you to log into the restricted areas of the site, provide necessary security when you access the site and help ensure the content of the pages you request loads quickly. Without these cookies, this website cannot work properly.
- Functional cookies: these are cookies we set to help the website works normally as you expect it to. Some cookies are necessary to enable you move around this site and use our services.
Advertising and Web Analytical Tools
We use third-party advertising and/or web analytics companies to serve ads and/or to provide with us with web analytics when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about products and services of interest to you, and provide us analyses of how our website is being used. Although we do not authorize these third parties to collect your personal information from our website, they may associate data collected about your use of our website with the personal information they have collected about you from other websites.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and provide us other services relating to website and internet usage.
Afrocentric is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a wide variety of industry – standard security techniques and procedures to help protect your personal information from unlawful and unauthorized access, use or disclosure and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to such personal information.
Afrocentric has implemented industry – standard means of protecting your personal information. We store personal information behind a computer firewall, a barrier designed to prevent outsiders from accessing our servers, and we have intrusions – detection technology. You are also required to use a password to access your account information. In addition our hosting provider prevents unauthorized physical access to your personal information by storing them in a controlled facility.
Except as provided elsewhere in this policy, Afrocentric limits access to personal information in electronic databases to those persons (including employees and contractors) in Afrocentric group who have a business need for such access. Lastly, we conduct periodic internal audits and vulnerability scans to ensure compliance with these security measures and generate security incidents logs that track information useful in screening for attempted abuse of or unauthorized access to your personal information.
Even though Afrocentric has taken significant steps to ensure that your personal information is not intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that Afrocentric by nature of the internet cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.